Monday, August 3, 2009

Before: Tammy's Wedding

It's a wedding week for me and I can't wait to get into it. I have a client Tammy who is getting married this weekend. I'm pretty excited to make her wedding bouquet because she has picked something that I don't often get to use for wedding flowers. This picture from a wedding flower magazine is the inspiration we are using for Tammy's bouquet. It includes: white roses, dark purple lisianthus and kale. Kale is also known as 'ornamental cabbage' and whilst I have used it often in day to day floristry, I have never had an opportunity to use it in a wedding bouquet. We will also include some white tulips in Tammy's bouquet and different foliage so the overall look will be the same , but different - if that makes any sense at all. LOL!! Tammy's bridesmaid and flower girl will have bouquets of white roses, white tuips and just a touch of dark purple lisianthus. No kale for them as that will be a special feature in the bridal bouquet. I'll make sure to post some photos of how they turn out.

1 comment:

Thank you for posting your comment