Monday, June 1, 2009

Flower Of The Month

This month I am going to show you a gorgeous but unusual flower, that is not commonly used for weddings in Australia. I really hope that as more people get to know it, it will become more popular for wedding work.
Molucca Balm (also known as Bells of Ireland), have a tall stem with little green florets on it. I love using Molucca Balm for arrangements and big displays and especially love it's vibrant colour. Green is my favourite flower colour. It goes with everything and always stands out. It also adds a feeling of freshness to an arrangement.
Flower: Mollucca Balm, Bells of Ireland
Botanical Name: Molucella
Origin: Despite it's name, it does not come from Ireland. It is actually native to Syria
Season: It's available at most times of year, but is best in Winter and Spring
Colour/s: Green
Meaning: Good luck
I didn't do these wedding flowers, but I've always admired the simplicity of the bouquet and how great it looks against the black and white dresses:
and a couple more pics to give you an idea of how it can look in a bouquet and arrangement

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting your comment